How We Find Water Damage That You Can't See
Part of SERVPRO of East Davie/Cooper City's success in restoring water-damaged homes depends on knowing exactly where to find moisture beyond the naked eye can see.
Moisture detection and discovery devices were a critical component of the work that we did in a Davie home. Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time.
The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. Our SERVPRO technicians have the equipment, training, and experience to find and dry unseen water before secondary damages occur.
Here are a few of the tools used by SERVPRO of East Davie/Cooper City Professionals.
- Moisture Sensors are used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and walls.
- Moisture Meters are used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate readings.
- Thermalhygrometers measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information, SERVPRO Professionals can calculate and create an environment most conducive to drying. When facing a contaminated water loss, it is not only important to dry the structure, but the structure must also be disinfected and often deodorized.
- Ultra-Low-Volume (ULV) Foggers will atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Thermal Foggers dispense solvent-based products by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor-causing particles.
The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage expense from a water loss. Thermal imagery helps reduce unnecessary penetration of a wall, especially when exposed materials might be costly to remove or to be replaced. This saves our customers money and time.
SERVPRO East Davie/Cooper City has professionally trained techs that use the proper equipment to find the water that you cannot see. Call 954-725-6400 -- 954-741-4321