Is Bleach Safe to use on Mold?
Is it ok to use bleach on mold, in place of conducting a proper mold remediation?
For one thing, IICRC Mold Remediation Guidelinesaccording to the IICRC:
People use bleach to "kill" mold. Most importantly, the IICRC emphasizes that even dead mold spores (also referred to as "non-viable" spores) remain toxigenic and allergenic. While it is true that if a person kills spores (something that we shouldn't assume is happening), the good news is those spores will not grow. However, if the dead spores retain their toxic and allergenic properties what is the point of killing them? Remediate them fully -- remove them using the proper containment techniques that prevents cross-contamination to surrounding areas.